Hello everybody! We're four students (Kate, Olga, Ann & Lena) of the Department of Foreign Languages and Area Studies of Lomonosov Moscow State University. This is our first sample blog dedicated to American Literature issues and to elaboration of our Final Web-Project. If you're interested - welcome!

The main page of our tutor is - http://american-literature-projects.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

It's high time that we decided on the topic of our team-work. It was a good idea of our tutor to suggest some variants (thanks!). After lots of hesitations and suffering Ewe suggested we took T.Williams, as she had seen the film based on "A Streetcar Named Desire". She shared it had really impressed her. So the rest of the group immeadiately became excited about the idea of learning something more about a famous American playwright and doing some research work for pleasure.
Please appreciate (students will understand me): we've challenged not only to produce a project "Outcasts in "A Streetcar Named Desire", "The Glass Menagerie", "The Night of the Iguana"and "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof", but also to enjoy our studies immensely!

6 comments:

ewe said...

Olga! Thanks for mentioning me)) but... actually, I haven't seen the movie yet :) but (once again)...
I hasten to congratulate you and me - we have it now!) the movie is downloaded, so if you want it, bring me your disks and I'll record (is this the right word to use here?) it to you!))

Anna V. Filatova said...

Aha!
So, you have decided to start the literature project by watching a movie?.. I hope it will grip you, though. And please don't forget to share your impressions with us on your weblog!

Have you located the plays? American Center at the Library of Foreign Literature has a good collection of T.Williams' plays. Check out their online catalog at http://amc.ru/

Anna V. Filatova said...

Just a follow-up to Olga's post.

I do appreciate your agreeing on a most challenging topic that would make you enjoy your studies immensely. I hope it will be so! In fact, nothing would make me happier...

dedi-KATE-d said...

I dare hope, that watching the film isn't that bad to begin with...) At least, if it's really worth watching (which I'm not unformed yet though, shame on me!), it should supply us with the general atmosphere of the play it is based on and which we'll endeavour to maintain (or create) on this blogg during our studies. Anyway, its to early to predict something foolproof now, but I guess comparing the film and the play might be a decent topic to touch upon here...
Shouldn't we discuss the idea, how do you think, girls?:)

ewe said...

Anna Vladimirovna, thank you for the AmCenter site and for visiting us regularly! :)
we'll try to diversify the content of this blog for you and our visitors soon (I hope)!

ewe said...

to dedi-kate-d: I agree, dear) it'll be a very interesting feature to discuss and to compare! But I think we should read the play at first :) (just to have what to compare with)
Have you started doing that?
As for me, I haven't but I'm going to start with it soon.
(Now as you know I'm all in futurist movement))